Thank you, Renee at Womanist Musings, for this wonderful honor. I’m uber-thrilled to receive this, and am even more excited at the chance to pass this on to some of my favorite bloggers.
First, the rules:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author & the name of the blog from whom he/she has received The Award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display The Award on his/her blog, and link to This Post, which explains The Award.
- Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
And now, a few of my favorites, in alphabetical order:
- Alex Felipe at alex felipe photography, a documentary photographer whose work highlights human rights issues, especially in relation to the Philippines and Canada. Beautiful photographs. Check out his post on Poverty, Devotion, Death, and Big Block Parties.
- Cycads, who writes insightful posts (here’s an example) about feminism, Muslim women, and post-colonialism from the perspective of a young Malaysian woman.
- kiita at one hundred and twelve, I aspire to your ability to merge academic theory and activism, and to write half as beautifully as you do.
- Sudy at My Ecdysis, thank you for introducing me to the concept of kyriarchy and for your inspiring posts on feminisms (with an s!) and feminism as collective action.
- Teo Marasigan at Kapirasong Kritika, progressive Pinoy writer who writes deep, thoughtful analyses of the politics and pop culture of my homeland. And he does it in Filipino/Tagalog, which is, in itself, a pretty progressive statement.
I learn so much from you, mga kasama. Thank you for your work and your passion. Salamat.